Wednesday 6 August 2008

Barça B - Official: Longas

Barcelona has today officially announced the transfer of Zaragoza midfielder Antonio Longás (23), who will play with Barcelona Atlètic in the third division next season. Spanish second division club Zaragoza had already officially confirmed the transfer on Monday.


Longás, who played on loan with Tenerife in the Spanish second division last season, has signed a two-year deal. The Spanish defender is (after Rayo, Solano, Nolito, Verdes and Joni) the sixth signing of Barcelona Atlètic this summer (read more here).

Longás, who made his debut in the Primera División with Zaragoza two years ago, will start training with the group this afternoon: "I'll try to catch up with the others as soon as possible since I'm aware that there will be a lot of competition. I was already informed that Luis Enrique works very hard on the physical conditions but I'll have to deal with that.

I can play both as defensive midfielder as in a more offensive role. I hope to help the team with my passes and by distributing the game. I had some offers from second division clubs but when Barcelona showed interest for me, I didn't have to think too much about my decision. It's true that I'm coming to a lower division and it could be seen as a step back but I'm just doing this to be able to make three steps forward in the future."

Read the official announcements of the other transfers of Barcelona Atlètic:

Read more:

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search