Friday 4 July 2008

Silva not pronouncing on Barcelona interest

Asked about the interest of other clubs and the statements by Valencia president Morera that both he and David Villa will not leave the club this summer (read more here), Valencia left winger and Spanish international David Silva (22) said in an interview with Madrid sport tabloid As that his near future depends on Valencia:


"Well, that's something for the club to decide. I have always said that I feel very comfortable here in Valencia and I have a contract, so now things depend on what the club wants to do me. Wherever I will play next season, I want my play to get better and to have a good year."

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer move to Barcelona (read more here), Silva said to journalists at a reception offered by his regional government that he didn't want to speak about the issue: "I am here to enjoy my holiday with my family. I am a Valencia player at this moment, the rest we'll see later on."

Read more here:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question for Pep! Plus I want to say thank you for this blog, it is great, and I think you really know a lot about football, and everything about the club. Well, what do you think, since the good times with Ronaldinho, who do you think, on left wing can match him. I dont see nobody, there are a lot of good players, but..

pep said...

Thanks for the compliments, Dinao.

I guess nobody can match the 2003-2006 Ronaldinho, so you shouldn't look for anyone. I don't know enough of other clubs to really put names forward. I would like a real winger who can keep the pitch wide if needed and who also can score. If he was available and fit, I think Van Persie could be a good buy.

Anonymous said...

I would certainly not sell ronnie for those amounts.Because there is not anyone as good as him. Even ronaldo isn't and he is an annoying guy. Buy an additional left winger. If ronnie gets back in form, great. if not we have a good back up. Van persie is a very good player. can also play on the right wing. Silva is very good. but maybe does not have the body? I also like iniesta more on the left wing.

Anonymous said...

I think Van Persie would be good, but we can not go for another Arsenal player (Adebayor, Hleb, Fabregas) but maybe Babel would be nice. He plays left wing in Liverpool, but can also play on the right, and as central striker, plus he is tall and good with the ball.

Anonymous said...

As has already been stated, Silva's more of a facilitator than a finisher as a winger. 9/10 times he'll look to play the ball in the box rather than take his own shot.

Van Persie provides much more of a scoring threat but he's made out of porcelain! What's the point of paying 20+mil for a player who's going to play half the season for you?

Iniesta is not comfortable playing as a winger. Rijkaard played him there at times last season, most recently against Man U in one of the Champions League legs and it was an abject failure. I think he's much more at home playing upfront in midfield, behind the central striker.

Palacio would be the player I'd go after, despite his lack of experience playing against top flight competition. The difference between him and Silva is that when Palacio makes his runs he's looking to score, while Silva's always looking to pass first. So in essence Palacio provides the team with a secondary striker. Something Silva is not.

Anonymous said...

Im surprised nobody has ever mentioned Luis Suárez from Ajax as a possible candidate, or do barca only sign superstars now.

Anonymous said...

What about Guardado?

Anonymous said...

Guardado has been mentioned once a few months ago (click his label for the story), but nothing heard since then.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search