Tuesday 3 June 2008

Adebayor wants to stay with Arsenal

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer move, Arsenal forward and Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor (24), one of the main candidates to fill Barcelona's centre forward position next season (read more here), said in an interview with British tabloid The Sun that he plans to stay at Arsenal next season:


"I came to Arsenal with a mission to succeed. I’ve assured Arsène Wenger I’ll stay because I believe in the team and I want to assure the fans my concentration is here. I have no reason to leave so I’ll stay to ensure that together we’ll win silverware. Our team is a deep well of talent, I am confident we are capable of winning titles. We will return for next season hungrier to be successful."

Read more:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News... He has had one good season against some average defences in England. Not good enough to take the step up to a club the size of Barca... would rather have Zigic than him

Anonymous said...

He has succeeded as one of the top scorers in the toughest league in the world (champions league anyone?) ... what the hell has Zigic ever done?!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search