Thursday 15 May 2008

Giovani denies Premier League links

Asked about the rumours linking him with English Premier League clubs Chelsea (read more here) and Manchester City (read more here), Barcelona right wing attacker and Mexican international Giovani dos Santos (19) has said in an interview with Spanish news agency EFE that he regrets there has been those kind of rumours all season long and that he cannot take them serious anymore: "My father is my agent and I know he has not started negotiations with one of those clubs. And besides, he doesn't speak English, so he wouldn't get far anyway."

Giovani, who will undergo an ankle surgery next week, told that he would like to continue in Barcelona: "Barcelona has given me everything, so I would love to stay. Barcelona is the most important thing for me right now."

About his first season with Barcelona's senior team and the sometimes negative reactions of the fans, the Mexican has mixed feelings: "I am aware this season hasn't been my best season. It’s very difficult to play when your own people begin to whistle. But I guess every fan is entitled to their own opinion. It's not unfair. I respect their choices and I hope to turn the whistles into applause one day. I'm nevertheless looking at the past season in a positive way: I have played more minutes than I expected at the start. And I would now like to have much more. At my age, it's important to keep on learning and to keep making progress. "


Read more:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good back-up for Messi, keep him. And couldn't he play on the left?

jahjah2001 said...

Gio has great potential and remember he is only 19!Quick left footed skillful forward,thats wat barca is about.Give him a chance

Anonymous said...

I think Gio has the skills and "potential" being the key word, of becoming a great player. Problem is he has no leg to stand on when it comes to making any sort of "demands" from the club. Wether it be for more playing time, or higher wages. Right now his ego far surpasses his talent! He realy needs someone to mentor him, and keep him "in line", focused and above all HUMBLE! Knowing that his time will come, but for now put forth as much effort as possible and show by your actions (and not your words) just how "hungry" you are to wear the shirt and get on the pitch!

Anonymous said...

he will stay one more year after that if he doesnt get games he will leave would love him at arsenal he could keep the other mexican wonderkid Vela company

Custom Search
 
Custom Search