Tuesday 30 September 2008

Ronaldino deal was close to collapse

Asked about the Ronaldinho transfer, AC Milan transfer adviser Ernest Bronzetti has said in an interview with Italian television channel Sky Sport that at one point the deal was very close to be cancelled this summer:

"Back in late June and early July, after lenghty negotiations and discussions, AC Milan decided to give up on Ronaldinho. Chairman Silvio Berlusconi even spoke about it in the press, adding that Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor was going to be the new target.

However, I knew that Berlusconi wanted Ronaldinho more than any other player. Then, I was asked by AC Milan general director Adriano Galliani to contact Ronaldinho's brother and agent Roberto de Assis to tell him that AC Milan were not interested anymore and to tell the player to find another solution.

However, I did not give up on Ronaldinho, I decided to wait and I did not contact Roberto de Assis. I was in a catch 22 situation but I didn't make the call. After a few days, Roberto called me to inquire about Berlusconi's public statements. I told him that Berlusconi just lied, that it was a tactic to lower Ronaldinho's price tag and Barcelona's demands. Of course that was not true, but things worked out well after that and Ronaldinho signed for AC Milan".


Re-live some highlights of the Ronaldinho transfer story:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Berlusconi you are idio*

Custom Search
 
Custom Search