Wednesday 16 April 2008

Transfer history: Cruijff

Former Barcelona player Johan Cruijff told in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio that an armed raid on his house during the 1977-1978 season was one of the reasons that made him leave Barcelona in the summer of 1978:

"I had serious problems at the end of my period as a player in Barcelona. At a certain moment I had a gun pointed at my head, I was tied up, my wife was tied up, the children were there in the apartment... From that moment, the children had to go to school under police protection, the police slept in my house for three or four months, I went to the matches with a bodyguard. These are moments when you realize that there are other values in life."

Johan Cruijff played for Barcelona from 1973 until 1978. In his first season he helped the club win the first league title since 1960. In the summer of 1978 he signed for the Los Angeles Aztecs.


Read more:
Transfer history: Zidane
Transfer history: Iaquinta (Juventus)
Transfer history: Cesc

Read all transfer history stories here.

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search