Monday 9 March 2009

FCB Miami: Azkargorta confirms talks

Asked about his plans for the future, Basque coach Xabier Azkargorta (55) has confirmed in an interview with Spanish weekly football paper Don Balón that he had been talking with Barcelona about getting involved in the Miami project:

"I'm waiting to see what will happen. A while ago, there was talk about Barcelona's project in Miami. I had a meeting with Joan Laporta to look at the possibility of leading the franchise over there. In the end the project won't go through but we were only talking, we didn't yet have an agreemnt.

I've always had a good relationship with Laporta, from his time as member of the opposition with the Elefant Blau group. Back in those days, I used to be be a pundit on the radio and I always went to the studio with my bike. One day, I bumped into Laporta on the cycle path when he was leaving his office at the Avinguda Diagonal. We stopped and we talked about football. Since that day, I have an excellent relationship with him."

Read more:
FCB Miami: Bid for MLS team withdrawn
FCB Miami: Azkargorta to become sports director
FCB Miami: Barcelona reconsidering MLS deal

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search