Monday 3 November 2008

Bojan (3): "I'm not planning to give up studying"

Barcelona player Bojan gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo.


(you can read the previous parts of the interview here)


You're aware that, with only 18 years old, you're already an idol for a lot fo fans?
I've always been grateful to the people who come and watch the games. It's a lot easier when you have the support of the fans.

And they're supporting you in a particular way, different from the others...
I don't have words for it. They have applauded me even when I wasn't playing really well. I will never forget that.

Your debut with the Spanish national team released you from a lot of pressure.
The debate (note: about which country he would play for, Spain or Serbia) stopped there as it was caught by reality. It was my wish to play for the Spanish national team.

You think you'll be there for the World cup in 2010?
I'm not thinking about that. At this moment I try to make progress every day, together with my teammates, and to learn things. I will be delighted if I get another call-up for the senior team. But I also will give my best when I have to play with the under-21 team.

Who encouraged you to become a football player?
My father. Since I was four years old, he already made me kick a ball and it seems things turned out well. He had a football school in Bellpuig, in the east of Calalonia, and that's where I started playing.

How do you deal with everything around the game? Not so long ago a magazine published a picture of you and your girfriend.
That's the price you have to pay for being famous, I guess. You have to try to adapt as quickly as possible to this type of life. I don't really like those things, but you should deal with them in a normal, natural way.

And how are you combining your studies with being a professional player?
It's very hard, but I'm not planning to give up studying.

One last, strange question. Why are you always sticking out your tongue everytime you shoot?
When I do that, I'm not aware of it. It happens with a lot of players. It must be some gesture that gives you strength or something like that. Zambrotta, for example, also did it.



This was the third and last part of this interview.

Read the previous parts here:
Bojan (1): "I'm waiting for my moment"
Bojan (2): "The first year is never easy"


Read more interviews with Barcelona players here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Bojan, keep up the studying!! it'll make a better person of you in matters you wouldn't even imagine...

Custom Search
 
Custom Search