Tuesday 25 November 2008

Arsenal captain Cesc has no intention to leave

Asked about the rumours linking him with a return to Barcelona, Arsenal midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fàbregas (21) insisted in an interview with British tabloid The Sun that his appointment as Arsenal captain yesterday proves that he has no intention of leaving the English Premier League club:

"By becoming captain it shows how much I’m committed to the club. I actually feel I’ve shown commitment since I arrived here. Each year people talk about me leaving yet I’m still here and I want to be part of the future of Arsenal. I love the club and I’m totally committed to it. I’m not looking to play anywhere else. Of course, the future for Arsenal is bright. The players are very much looking forward to the next few years."

Read more:
Barcelona preparing January bid for Cesc
Arsenal worried about Cesc returning to Barcelona
Pique: "Cesc knows he will return"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he's going to stay now, smart move by Arsenal to keep him. Fits us perfect aswell to be honest, there's no urgent need for him till in 3-4 years when we ned him to replace Xavi.

Anonymous said...

well he will come to barca soon . because as usuall arsenal wont win anything . and he is young and wants to win . he will come espcially if barca win la liga this season or cL. watch...

Waleed said...

I Agree Stigsby /Anony.
but I see him comming sooner than 3-4 years he is young and ambitious, and as anony. has said, Arsenal inability to achieve some silverware in the comming season will accelerate his return, and yes it is a clever one from Winger!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search