Friday 29 August 2008

Crosas looking forward to Old Firm

Asked about his debut with Celtic Glasgow last weekend (read more here), former Barcelona midfielder Marc Crosas (20) has said in an interview with Scottish tabloid Daily Record that he was very happy with the warm reception he received from the home crowd:

"I spoke about the atmosphere at Celtic before I came to the club but I never imagined how great it could be. I was delighted with the way the fans took to me as I came off the bench."

Crosas is already looking forward to the Glasgow derby against city-rivals Rangers on Sunday: "I know derby matches are special because I spent so long at Barcelona watching games with Real Madrid. It was the game everyone wanted to play in. I was no different but the closest I came was last December when I was in the squad. I thought I might get a seat on the bench but I had to settle for watching from the stand.

Being involved in those games is special and even if I'm not playing for Celtic against Rangers I will give my all as a squad member to help them win. But nothing can beat playing. I can only imagine what it would be like to play in a derby and when I do imagine I get quite excited. I've seen quite a few Celtic games on TV and was always impressed by the atmosphere but nothing beats the real thing."

In an interview with Madrid tabloid As, Crosas also said that he had a good feeling about his first official minutes as a Celtic player: "I could play for 20 minutes when the game was already decided. It was a calm debut but it was impressive to feel the unity with the fans when you enter the pitch.

After the game we went to dinner with several team-mates and the fans who we met congratulated us with the win but also made clear that the really important match was the one this Sunday. That was striking. I've seen images from the derbies on youtube and they are really impressive."

Crosas says that he has been advised not to meet this week with Glasgow Rangers attacking midfielder Aarón, who joined Raingers last week on loan from Valencia and who Crosas knows well from their time together with the Spanish youth teams, because the fans of both clubs wouldn't understand that.


Since Barcelona can buy Crosas back in the summer of 2010 for two million euro (read more here), this blog will follow the performances of the midfielder over the next two years.

Read more on Crosas' performances with Celtic here


No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search