Monday 13 April 2009

[2008] Pique tempted by Barcelona return

this post was published exactly one year ago:


British tabloid News of the World claims that Manchester United central defender Gerard Piqué (21) is tempted by the Barcelona interest to resign him and is considering his Manchester United future. The contract of the Spanish youth international expires in June of next year and despite several offers from the club, Piqué does not seem very keen on a renewal.

Asked about the rumours linking him with a return to Barcelona, the Catalan defender said in an interview with British sports site Setanta Sports that he isn't aware of that: "I don’t know about Barcelona’s interest. The Spanish press knows more about those stories than me."

Although the recent injury of his team-mate Nemanja Vidic gives him more playing time, Piqué is thinking about his future and considering an exit: "I don’t know how long I can wait before I play every week. This year has been difficult as I want to play more. My contract with United ends in 2009, so I have plenty of time to think."


Read more 13 April 2008 news:
Youth: Jozy Altidore (Red Bull New York)
Poulsen waiting for a free transfer
Barcelona prepares Cesc bid

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search