Friday 5 September 2008

Youth: Daniel Sanchez (Sporting Cristal)

Peruvian newspaper Perú 21 claims that Barcelona is interested in Sporting Cristal midfielder and Peruvian international Daniel Sánchez (18), who could join the youth academy.

Sánchez, who has been called up for the first time for the senior Peruvian national team, would travel later this month to Barcelona for trials, that would have been arranged by Romanian Fifa agent Lucian Marenescu.

Asked about the rumours, Sánchez said to journalists that there's nothing certain yet: "I don't know anything about it, all I hear is through the press. I'm very calm because nobody, my club nor my agent, told me anything and I don't live from speculations.

If I would be able to leave for Europe, I would of course welcome that. So I hope the rumours will be confirmed one of these days. Even if it would just be to do a test with Barcelona, it would be fantastic. Who wouldn't want to play for that club, one that can compete for every trophy in Spain and Europe? If this could become more concrete, that would be incredible."

Read more:
Youth: Fasciana arrives this weekend


Read all Youth transfer stories here

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search