Friday 5 September 2008

Marquez never thought about leaving

Asked about the rumours at the beginning ofthe summer that he could have to leave (read more here), Barcelona central defender and Mexican international Rafael Márquez (29) has said in an interview with Spanish news agency EFE that his first choice has always been not to leave:


"My priority has always been to stay with Barcelona. I know that there were rumours spread by the press but nothing was sure. No club official nor the manager talked to me directly about having to leave.

Of course when a new coach arrives, there's always some uncertainty about your position cause you don't know what his plans are. But just before I went on vacation, Guardiola talked with me and assured me that I would be a key player in his project. The coach has put his trust in me and now I want to pay him back."

Asked about a possible contract renewal (read more here), Márquez, whose current contract expires in 2010, says that he's not thinking about that at this moment: "I'm a man of today who doesn't like to think a lot about the future. I try to live day by day and to give the best of me at every moment.

If this leads to good performances and we can stay here, we'll stay. And if not, we'll see what happens. The only thing I can say is that I'm comfortable at Barcelona, where they always have treated me quite well, and that I hope to be able to continue working here for a long time."

Read more:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont c marquez in firt team once milito recovers and caceres adjusts well.

3 players we lack and we should get in winter or next summer are

1:a young goalkeeper to challenge valdes

2:a young left back to challenge abidal

3:a left winger,(could be attacking midfielder converted to winger like ronaldinho)

and a forward next season to replace henry.

my choices are mark neuer(schalke),gael clichy(arsenal),frank ribey(bayern) and benzema for next season.

Anonymous said...

The mexican international captain... one of the best center backs in the world, and the guy above me said some interesting things and i sort of agree with him and its good to have marquez, milito and now pique, injuries shouldnt be a problem

Custom Search
 
Custom Search