Tuesday 8 July 2008

Hleb wants to join Barcelona

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer move to Barcelona (read more here), Arsenal midfielder and Belarus international Alexander Hleb (27) has said in an interview with Belarussian internet portal Tut that he has decided to leave Arsenal and that he prefers to sign with Barcelona:

"I raised the subject of leaving with Wenger twice before the end of the season. It's not easy for me to leave neither, you know. I think he was upset about it. But you should ask him. It may turn out that he's happy about it.

In life everything changes. When some clubs are interested in you and offer you better terms, I believe that others would do exactly the same. I nevertheless don't yet know where I will play next season. There are negotiations with two clubs and I think that it will be decided soon. I would prefer to move to Barcelona."

Hleb said that he is confident about being able to play himself into the Barcelona eleven: "I heard the speculation that I would only warm the bench when I move to Barcelona, but they always say that. When I went to Stuttgart, everyone was saying that I wouldn't be playing there. It was the same when I signed for Arsenal. But apparently I have been playing always in those clubs, so the critics were proven wrong. I'm confident about my skills."

Read more:
Hleb likely to leave Arsenal
Negotiations on Hernanes in last stage
Hleb negotiations frustrate Barcelona

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY ...IF HLEB CAME TO BARCA WHERE WUD HE PLAY

IN THE xavI role behind messi OR AS A SUB FOR MESSI IN THE 3-3-4 formation OR ON THE left AS a attackin WINGER in ronnies former position or in the deco role ..

wondering cuz heez all over the place for arsenal ...as second striker ... left/right winger and attaking mid .

WUD BE GREAT TO GET SOME INSIGHT on his positioning in the 3-3-4 formation at barca

THANKS

Anonymous said...

Like in Arsenal he is supposed to be everywhere and give Guardiola more opportunites, both in midfield and attack. So he can play attacking midfielder (next to xavi or iniesta), be a back-up for Messi at right wing or back-up for I don't know who at left wing. Another option is to play him on the right wing so Messi can move to the left wing.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Hleb is already tired of negotiations and wants to speed it up with some noise. Thats typical, I think the end of this saga is near.

As for his position, I think midfield. Pep maybe wants a bigger competition - Hleb, Iniesta, Keita, Xavi. Just like in 05/06 Deco, Iniesta, Van Bommel, Xavi.

Anonymous said...

I GOT NO TRUBLE WITH HLEB ...BUT WISH HEED SCORE more FOR CHRIST SAKES...
ITS LIKE NONE OF OUR MIDField KNOW HOW tO PUT THE BALL IN THE NET. (SInce ronnie)...So the fact that hleb wants barca and barca wants hleb worries me ...do we have another ocassionally scoring attackin mid on the roster for next season...

AS for his position probably everywhere in midfield (freeroaming) he plays right wing for arsenal usually or behind the strikers i htink

Anonymous said...

We have such a players. Look on Xavi, he is capable of scoring about 10 goals and thats great for a midfielder. I think also Keita will contribute something with his great shot and heading.

Hleb and Iniesta are more passing types of player but you need them too. :-)

Anonymous said...

barca are supposedly looking for a AM who can score goals, and hleb has just come out and emphasized the fact that he doesn't while also slagging off cesc, i don't want a player at barca who slags of his team mates, doesn't fufill the requirements needed and who seems like a dick. get hernanes instead.

Anonymous said...

valdes-alves,puyol,caceres,abidal-yavi,yaya toure,HLEB-messi,adebayor,david silva...this is 4-3-3 from right to left...i think this is perfect formation

cbr_boss said...

I didn't know where to put this so i just said what the heck. I was fortunate enough to get to watch the friendly between Messi's 11 and Ronnie's...and the kid is back..he's a few kilo's up but he was balling..

Anonymous said...

He seems like a real jurk. Please don't buy him.

cojonudo said...

Well one good thing that come from Laporta's imminent dismissal is that Hleb probably won't be joining Barcelona anytime soon. On the flip side this means that "El Gordito" most likely will remain with us for another year. For all you Ronaldinho supporters out there consider your wish granted. Now if you'll excuse me I have to find a bridge to jump off of.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search