Friday 11 July 2008

Ex-Barça: Abelardo to Sporting Gijon B

Former Barcelona central defender Abelardo Fernández (38) has this week been appointed as new head coach of Sporting Gijón B, the second team of Primera División team Sporting Gijón that plays in the Spanish third division.

Abelardo has been coaching several Sporting youth teams over the last five years and was last season the coach of the Juvenil B team.

In an interview with Asturias regional newspaper La Nueva España, Abelardo says that he is delighted with the new challenge: "This is a reward for my work over the last years, I'm very happy and motivated. I still have a lot to learn but I'll try to give my best to prepare some players for the step to the first team."

Arriving from Sporting Gijón in 1994, Abelardo played eight seasons for Barcelona. In the summer of 2002 he left for Deportivo Alavés. With Barcelona, Abelardo won two Spanish league titles in 1998 and 1999, two Spanish cups in 1997 and 1998, two Spanish super cups in 1994 and 1996, one European Cup winner's cup in 1997 and one European super cup in 1997.

Read more:
Ex-Barça: Geovanni to Hull City
Ex-Barça: Meho Kodro dismissed by Bosnia
Ex-Barça: Víctor Muñoz to Getafe



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

pep , do you know when will hleb arrive ?????

pep said...

If he ever arrives...


No, I don't know. But my men at the El Prat airport are stand-by!!!

Anonymous said...

are you spanish???

i think he will arrive before 14/7 !!!!

pep said...

No, I'm (still) not. Otherwise I would be at El Prat myself right now... ;)

Anonymous said...

i am hong kong people !!!

you are surfing the net in airport?

/____\

pep said...

I don't think I'm surfing at an airport...

Nice to hear that also people from the other side of the world are closely followng Barcelona!

Anonymous said...

good luck! barcelona B also need a new coach ~~~who??

Custom Search
 
Custom Search