Tuesday 8 July 2008

Barça B: Pedro Garcia looking for Belgian club

After a test period with Anderlecht, Barcelona B forward Pedro García Delgado (24), who played last season on loan with Spanish second divison team Burgos, was informed on Sunday that he didn't match the profile the Belgian club was looking for.

In a reaction to Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure, the Catalan player said that he didn't really got the chance to show his skills: "Anderlecht has received me very well. But in four days of training sessions and one half game, it's difficult to show what you're worth. And in the test match, I had to play as sole striker and that's just not my position. I'm more a supportive player who is strong in one-on-one situations and who can create things. I'm not a box player."

Pedro García says that he can leave Barcelona this summer and now plans to stay in Belgium for a while: "I still belong to Barcelona but the club is willing to let me go for free. Guardiola has told me that, to relaunch my career, the best thing I can do was moving to a league like the Belgian. That's why I will stay here and train individually, waiting to find another club where I can do a test."

Read more:
Barça B: Chico could continue and be promoted
Which B players will Guardiola take with him?
Barça B: Gai feels ready for first team





No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search