Tuesday 4 March 2008

Messi wants to be captain

Asked about some rumours having linked him in the past with a move to Inter, Barcelona forward Lionel Messi (20) told Spanish football weekly paper Don Balón repeated (read more here) there’s no truth in that: “I didn’t even think about playing in Italy. I live from day to day and at this moment I only think about Barcelona and the joy this city is bringing to my family and friends.” Messi also said a move to Real Madrid is impossible: “Like in Argentinia, when you have played for a big one, you cannot play anymore for the other.”

Rumours and speculation apart, the Argentinian youngster is totally focusing on his current club: “I came to Bacelona at a very young age and I wish to stay here for a long time. Who knows, maybe one day I will become the captain of the team.”

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search